I am from Europe, and would like to go to american college. Can I get federal aid and loans? Do I need a guarantor?

2 Answers

Jeff Williams Points0
Unfortunately international students are not eligible for federal or state need-based awards (loans). In fact, most schools will require you to submit proof of your ability to pay for your first year of college prior to being admitted to the university - this is usually done by sending a certified bank statement showing a cash value in the amount of a year's tuition.

David Wagner commented

Expensive private colleges will often offer institutional aid to international students. Some colleges extend this policy to undocumented students as well. International students do need to demonstrate they have the amount of money they claim to be able to pay, but that amount can be less than the cost of attendance if the colleges offers institutional aid to international students.
Janice Kirn-Sottilaro Points0
If you are living in and are an international student than no but, you can always check into the suggestions below along with the attached sites for additional information especially the EducationUSA website: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/eligibility/non-us-citizens Good Luck!

Ready to discuss your child’s college goals?
Get Started for Free ❯❯


SpanOne helps students get into top colleges by working one-on-one with an experienced college admissions counselor.

Our college counselors help families navigate the complex and stressful process of college planning and applications. Many of them are former admissions staff members and college advisors from the top colleges. They are the best at what they do.

Our college counselors are located in cities across the country, including Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Phoenix, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle and Washington DC.

Ready to discuss your child’s college goals?
Contact Us ❯❯ or Call Us at (800) 878-9438

Get Connected

Have Questions?
   Contact Us ❯❯

Call Us Now!
   (800) 878-9438