Can we just report the best of two or are we required to report both scores?

2 Answers

Susan M Points0
Most University and Colleges in the U.S. require you to report one of two.  You are not required to report both.  I recommend reporting only the highest of the two.  You could find a comparison chart here:

or, here:

Send the higher score according to the chart. For example, if your child got 2100 on the SAT but 34 on the ACT, send the ACT score instead.  Good luck!
Janice Kirn-Sottilaro Points0
No need to report both. You can send both but no need, you only want really, to send your highest score. The ACT is not accepted by every college nationwide so no need to worry that one test is considered of greater value than the other either so, whichever one allows you to shine brightest, that would be the one to send. Please keep in mind though that, if you do not fair well on either test, you can locate many, many, many schools that are test optional by visiting: It may not seem possible because the SAT and ACT have been such a part of the admissions process for several years but it is true, more and more colleges are going the test optional route so be sure to check out their website. Good Luck!

Ready to discuss your child’s college goals?
Get Started for Free ❯❯


SpanOne helps students get into top colleges by working one-on-one with an experienced college admissions counselor.

Our college counselors help families navigate the complex and stressful process of college planning and applications. Many of them are former admissions staff members and educational professionals from the top colleges. They are the best at what they do.

Our college counselors are located in cities across the country, including Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Phoenix, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle and Washington DC.

Ready to discuss your child’s college goals?
Contact Us ❯❯ or Call Us at (800) 878-9438

Get Connected

Have Questions?
   Contact Us ❯❯

Call Us Now!
   (800) 878-9438